Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Man Best Friend

I had came across a post which had hit me in my soft spot when I was blog-reading earlier. It brought back the feeling that I had been shoved deep down in my heart. I have to admit, yes, I do miss him. A lot. A video that my friend posted on my Facebook wall only helped to make the feeling grew stronger. I miss my Pino. And lucky me, now I'm home and looking forward to spend more time with him.




Don't be fool by his innocent look.

A year and a half ago, I was resenting my sister for wanting to have a dog. What pissed me of was that my parent agreed to it. The fact is I'm totally scare of any furry friend. We used to have two dogs when I was very little, around the age of 2 or 3. But I only remember the black one, named Nicky. Nicky was found dead because he was too old at the jungle behind my old house back in Balleh. After that, I never have any contact with dog, and naturally grow the fear of them.

I do have some pets when I was growing up, numerous fish that only managed to live in my mini aquarium for few weeks, three hamsters which ran away and two turtles which I gave away.I never managed to keep a fish for more than a month, they always ended up floating dead in the mini aquarium despite my attempt to take good care of them. After giving up with the fish, I turned to hamster. A friend of mine gave me  hamsters and I was so excited and turned the mini aquarium to a mini cage for my hamster. My brother and my cousin always been my victim to attend the hamsters because I was too scared to hold them. I guess my hamsters didn't like me too. They bit a hole in their cage and ran away. But I bet they didn't last long outside.To cure my sadness after my hamsters ran away, I bought two turtles. Turtles are easier to handle but they didn't stay long with me though. A Chinese friend told me if I rear turtle, my lifetime with cut short for every turtle I own as in Chinese, turtle symbolize long life and should be release to their natural habitat. Don't ask me why I believed her back then and gave away my turtle to my cousin.



Pino and his proud mama

When Pino first set his feet to our home, he was rebellious and scared. The new environment totally scared him off and he took quite some time to adapt to our house. Back then, he was just tiny little fellow. Though we still strangers to him, he hated to be left alone, always demanding company, especially at night. Often the little sis sacrificed her sleeping time to keep Pino accompany by playing with him by his cage. Since then, they are inseparable.





Now, Pino is the apple of everyone eyes. We love him but this little fellow can be very difficult sometime. It is a love-hate relationship for me and Pino. I love him very much but there are times when I really want to turn him into BBQ dog. Early in the morning, he would scratch on my room door, demanding me to let him in, as early as 6 am. It is bad enough he disturbed my beauty sleep, he even sometime scratch my comforter demanding my attention. I don't mind the comforter but sometimes it's my face that suffered from his scratching and yanking. There are times when I was too tired to greet him in the morning, my mom would open my door and let him in. He got the hint and sat silently next to me waiting for me to wake up. I was clearly not a morning person and he got tired of waiting and finally fell asleep too. 



He would sleep soundly like a baby next to me. Even so, a light movement or any noise would wake him up.

One thing that never change about Pino is he still hate to be left alone. Even when he's sleeping at the living room and I wanted to get drink from the kitchen, he would no doubt will follow me to the kitchen regardless how sleepy he is. Everytime we headed out, he would wail his tail as if asking us to bring him along. Two words that he totally understand are "am" and "bye bye". ( am means come in Iban). Once you said "am" to him, he would jump to the car once we opened the front door. He would sneer if you hold him back. The only word to calm him is "Bye bye" as he understood that he will not going anywhere.

 
He would wait patiently on the front door for us to be home.
One thing that he love the most is his evening walk. The little fellow is more than happy to explore the outside world after being caged whole day in the house. But careful not to let go of his leash tho. That's it if you don't want to sweat yourself chasing after him around the neighbourhood.

 
Panting after his long walk (or run precisely).

Now the poor fellow doesn't quite seem like his old self. That is because we give him a new haircut, a terribe one actually. Poor Pino, looked like a stray dog in my Uni.


Worry not, little buddy. I will always love you, maybe even more when your hair grow back.

No comments:

Post a Comment