Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Graduation day

Finally, a proper post about my graduation even tho it had past for more than a month. I didn't feel all the jitters or excitement until after I got my graduation robe and hat two days before the ceremony. I was totally clueless about what to wear for ceremony. I packed baju kurung, pant, blouse and heels but ended up only wearing the blouse.









My outfit:
Sheer white longsleeve blouse- Sungei Wang
White tube- Can't remember
Harem pant- ELLE
Bag- MANGO
Heels -Vincci

Initially I planned to wear my grey pant and heels from Summit. But when I was shopping at The Spring a day before the ceremony, I saw the bag from MANGO that I had been eyeing since my last trip to KL. Then it occurred to me that I haven't got myself anything for the graduation ( I had been shamelessly asked my family and friends for my graduation gifts :p)

So the bag will be a perfect gift for myself. Then when I put my outfit together in my mind, the grey pant did not match my black bag, thus I must get myself a black pant. When I was browsing in ELLE, the SA suggested some black pants for me to try on and I instantly fell in love with the harem pant. It is the most comfortable pant but I had a little problem with it during the graduation day. The clip above the zipper on the pant got loosed and almost fell off. Lucky I had safety pin with me and had to pinned my pant the whole day. Thank God, there was no wardrobe malfunction.

I also did not get to wear my 5 inches heels because I seriously could not walk in it. On the way from my hotel room to the parking lot, I almost tripped 3 times. Lucky I brought spare heels, so from 5 inches, I went down to 3 and a half inches.



Familienfoto 

The proud parents





The munyits minus Bern plus Wong ;p



Soulmates <3

We party together and graduate together :)



We organized a little graduation party on Friday night at our usual club, Check-In and it was great to be reunited with the mates on the dance floor. The club was packed with almost all the students from my Uni. Everywhere I turned, I saw some familiar faces. 

Soulmates having a great time


A happy but tipsy me


Half of the group 

Phew, this is a long post and a proper closure for my student life chapter. Growing up and finally leaving the student life feels so surreal for me. Feels like yesterday I was just registered for my University and now I'm a graduate. Damn, time flies and I miss my crazy-loving bunch of friends. 

2 comments:

  1. "Phew, this is a long post and a proper closure for my student life chapter. Growing up and finally leaving the student life feels so surreal for me. Feels like yesterday I was just registered for my University and now I'm a graduate. Damn, time flies and I miss my crazy-loving bunch of friends."

    That's what it was like for me too. There's actually nothing easy about graduation at all. You might be worried about the graduate jobs market, you might be thinking "Free at last!", you might be worried about how fast time is going. Or you might have all three and more at the same time.

    But the nice thing is that if one chapter is closing, it means that another is opening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nic! Glad that someone out there feels the same way as I did. But that's life and we gotta deal with it whether we like it or not. New opening, new adventure! All the best :)

    ReplyDelete