Monday, March 12, 2012

Updated: Answers to the FAQ

Most people that I've met in working life always commented on how young am I to be working at this age. Be it attending seminar, briefing, training or meeting, I'm always the youngest among all and the least experience one. Knowing that I'm coming from a totally different background ( I'm a science graduate), the most popular question I've got is why I choose to work in this field? Why not do something that related to my degree? Next question will be, why not go for government sector? Why didn't you be a teacher? Too many "why this?" why that?" -______________-

Truth is, I never actually plan what I want to do after finishing Uni. All I know is I'm eager to start earning my own money, I mean, who doesn't right? Right after I moved back to my hometown, I'm still have no idea what will come next for me. But one thing is for sure, my dad was slowly stopping my allowance T_T. 

And whoever know me in person should know that I have serious spending habit. I splurged a lot on clothes/shoes/bags/makeup/skin care  girl necessity stuffs, so I know that I need to do something if I want to continue this habit of mine (which I have no intention to stop, pffft).

Maybe I'm money-driven instead of passion-driven in choosing my career. As long as the money keep coming in, I'll be happy. So when those questions were shoot at me, I don't really have answers except for one of the question : " Why didn't you be a teacher?" Well, that's because I don't want to. I don't know why people always assuming that I will be a good teacher and SHOULD be a teacher.

Not that teacher is not a good career or what, it's just that I'm not interested to be one. Maybe I'm not noble enough or maybe I'm too shallow for my own good, but these are the reasons why I don't want to be a teacher:

1. I've spent 12 years of my life from kindergarten until high school attending school. Now that I'm working, I still have to go to school again till I'm 60 years old?? No, thanks.

2. Teachers can't wear nice clothes. I know this is shallow but I love dressing up going to work. I love my dress and skirts. I bet most of my office wears are not suitable for teaching, it's either the skirt is too short or too tight or the top is too sheer. Stupid reason, I know ='=

3. Most people would say teacher is the easiest job, you teach half day and when the school on holiday, you are too. But have you really think that's the only thing that teacher do? Teachers teach half day until school finish in the afternoon, then they have to mark papers/homework, prepare lesson for the next day, planning exam questions, doing extra curriculum activities for students, going for meeting, getting blamed when the students are not improving, getting bullied by the students. That sounds a lot to me. I'm not ready to be blamed for someone future.

4. As a teacher, people will look up to you and set a mentality that you are an angel that never get drunk and fell on the dance floor and absolutely clean from everything. I can't and I'm not. Enough said.

5. I don't want to wake up at 6 freaking a.m. in the morning just to get to school at 7 a.m. I've done that for 10 years and that's enough.

When you're done reading my reasons up there, you probable shake your head and thought to yourself  "what a shallow and selfish girl she is".  Don't be so judgmental, people. This is my personal reasons and since it's my career too, I have the right to be as shallow and selfish as I want. If you still think that being a teacher is really really a good career, why didn't YOU be a teacher? Why keep forcing others? This one is directed to those who keep forcing me.

The reason I came up with this post is because I'm kinda tired of people throwing this question to me. Most of the time, I just smile and tell them I'm not interested. But next time, if someone ask me this question again, I probably will throw a tantrum at him/her.

No offence to my friends that are going to be teacher out there. Everyone has different cup of tea, we have different interest and passion, I'm sure you guys will be a good teacher to lead the young generation. Especially if you're doing it because you love it. I really admire the people who do something because they are passionate about it.Your job should be something that you love, be it the pay or the perks, not something that everyone think you should do.



Update
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know my reasons may sound pathetic to some people *cough* Batman *cough* but these are my personal reasons. But I think the real reason is I have no passion nor interest in teaching. I get frustrated and give up easily when I myself can't understand something, so how am I going to be a good teacher? What I listed up there are probably just excuses for myself.  I believe everyone has the right to choose what they want to be. It takes a lot to be a good teacher and only the most patience and noble person can pull it off, I respect my teachers because they helped in shaping me for who I am today. Just because I doesn't want to be one doesn't means that I hate nor looking down at those who chose to be one. There's a huge difference, can you tell?



Shall end this post with my new fringe.





1 comment:

  1. Your life is so pathetic right now. Sad to be you

    ReplyDelete