Saturday, February 20, 2016

Be happy and grateful

I have not writing any personal musing on this site for quite sometimes. I have no idea why but maybe it is because I still have so many back log travel stories to share. But today I'm going to write about something really personal.

Life has been quite tough for me lately and I was not sure what was wrong up until recently. Since I was young till now, I was generally a happy person, I took bad things with a pinch of salt and completely forgot about them soon afterward and be happy again.

When I was happy, I realized that everything in my life turned out good for me. It is like the universe is aligned to make happy thing happened for me. I didn't realized about this until I read The Secret by Rhonda Byrne recently. I knew about The Secret 2 years ago when I read Xiaxue's post about it. I was dealing with difficult situation and practiced The Secret to overcome it. And yes, it worked.

Few days ago, I read The Secret book and now I fully understood how it works because believe it or not, I have been practicing gratitude since I was young. My family is not fully Christian but I was exposed to Christian teaching since young. Every night before I went to bed, I would pray to God and talked about my day and thanked him for the good things that happened to me. Subconsciously, I was practicing Gratitude. My life thus far has been very good and I'm happy and content with it.

Not sure what happened but since 2012, I had stopped praying before bed. Life still work out well for me but I forgot to say thanks. In The Secret, the author mentioned that if you want something, you should ask for it, be thankful to receive it. It also mentioned Law of attraction in the book which means that you attract what you feel in your life.

For example, if your thoughts are happy and jovial, you will attract more happy things to happen in your life but if your thoughts are bitter and sad, more sad or unfortunate things will happen to you. This statement I believe wholeheartedly. I have seen people complaining about their life all the time and nothing has changed for them except that things get worst. It is because they always said negative statements such as "I don't have enough money", "My workload never finish", "I am fat" etc, they are sending the Universe those messages and yes they will receive more of those things,

So instead of being Negative Nancy all the time, why don't be positive and say something like "Money will come by easily", "I will clear my backlog job today", "I'm getting the body that I want". Of course just by sending this positive message is not enough, you have to believe in your affirmation and visualize yourself receiving it.

One of the most important lesson that I have learn from The Secret is to be happy and grateful. It mentioned that thoughts translate into things. To have happy thoughts, first you must have good emotion because it is impossible to have happy thoughts if your emotion is the opposite. The joy is within yourself so you must find it, be contend and grateful for all the things in your life, be it small or big. If you want people to like you, first you yourself must like your own traits. Then the Law of Attraction will attract more people to like you. But say real one, if you are a positive person to be around with, for sure more people will enjoy your company.

Right now when I'm faced with any difficult things, I would just brush it off and turn it into something positive. I no longer dwell on sad things but instead focus on being happy and positive. Think about something that make you happy, a happy memories, a funny jokes, your favorite song and surely you will feel a whole lot better.

What I want to say is that you are in charge of your life. How you want your life to be is up to you, ask from The Universe and you shall receive it. Keep your thoughts and emotion happy so that more happy things will come to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment