Sunday, April 17, 2016

Glam Glow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment Review

I've promised to do a review for the famous Glam Glow Youthmud in my holiday haul post. So here it is. I used it twice a week or whenever I need a little skin pick-me-up.

My very first impression when I opened the jar, wow this is a very small product for a very expensive price. It is retailed at RM255 for 50ml. And it doesn't smell good too, it smell like mud, duh?!


They claimed that this is the savior for Hollywood celebrity when they need glowing skin for photo shoot. It is like Photoshop in a jar, okay, I exaggerated the last sentence.  

The contents are French Sea Clay, Green Tea extract, Camelia Leaf and Cucumber extracts which will helps to hydrate, absorbs dirt and oil without over drying the skin and remove impurities as well as brightens the skin.

When I first applied it to my clean skin, I couldn't help but noticed the strong mud scent. I spread thin layer over my face and it stung. I was not prepared for the sting to happen but if you have sensitive skin, it will be better for you to test it on a small skin patch.

The sting lasted less than 2 minutes and once the mud started to set, the stinginess gone as well. I guess you should have expecting the tingling sensation from the name of the product itself. The texture is chunky and not as smooth as your normal mud mask.

I let it sat for 10 minutes until the mud completely dried. You will know when the mask is completely dry because your face will feel tighter and it is impossible to smile, thus the non smiling photo.

This is how it looks like when it is dried.  I washed it off with water and exfoliate my skin with it. 

My verdict:

My skin does feel smoother and cleaner after the mask. My pore are less noticeable and blackhead mostly gone from the exfoliation. And the great thing is that it doesn't dry out my skin. However, after my first try, I got a huge pimple on my chin. I'm not sure if this is related to the mask but I rarely get pimple. Since I have the Supermud as well, I used the Supermud as a spot treatment for my zits and it helps.

If you have extra money to spare and your skin is not sensitive, I'll say you can give this a try. But if you have acne prone skin, this might cause further breakout in your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment